The griffotaur are a Tauric griffon created via the Tauric creature template in MM2. The template can be added to any Small or Medium-size corporeal humanoid (referred to hereafter as the base humanoid).Characters with the griffotaur template gain the following racial traits.
- Strength +8, Dexterity +4, Constitution +6.
- Type changes to Monstrous Humanoid.
- Size Large with size Medium reach.
- A griffotaur’s base land speed changes to 30 feet, Fly 80 ft (average).
- Racial Hit Dice: A griffotaur gains with seven levels of monstrous humanoid which provide 7d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +7, and base saving throw bonuses of +2 Fort, +5 Ref, and +5 Will.
- Racial Skills: A griffotaur’s monstrous humanoid hit dice give it skill points equal to 7 x (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Jump, Listen, and Spot.
- Natural Attacks: A griffotaur gains two claw attacks that deal 1d4 points of damage. A griffotaur’s claw attacks are always considered a secondary natural attack.
- Rake: On a pounce or in a grapple a griffotaur can make two rake attacks that deal 1d6 points of damage.
- Pounce: If a griffotaur dives upon or charges a foe, it can make a pounce attack.
- A griffotaur gains scent out to 30 ft, darkvision 60 ft, and low-light vision
- Racial Feats: A loxodon’s racial levels give it three feats.
- +4 racial bonus on Jump and Spot checks
- Natural armor becomes +6 unless base humanoids natural armor is better
- Level adjustment +3.